Sunday, November 23, 2008

Half Full or Half Empty?

Benitez: "We tried to use two or three players with fresh legs but you could see three or four players didn't have the energy. Lucas had fresh legs but Dirk Kuyt and Albert Riera played 90 minutes in midweek and had to fly around."

Hodgson: "It's interesting because the three players I thought did really well, Schwarzer, John Pantsil and Brede Hangeland, had long journeys in midweek to play for their respective countries."
"I joked with them that if they can play that well every week then they are welcome to go away every week as well."

Well, Kuyt looked a bit tired but to me Riera was all himself last night. I am positive many would have prefered Alonso to Lucas. Maybe play Alonso first rather than Lucas,  get the goals and then after Alonso gets tired, bring in Lucas. How come I have this feeling that this almost always happens whenever there is a CL game in the midweek?

2 comments:

kajang-today said...

lucas last night was rafa's biggest mistake this season. dunno what made himself appeasing in rafa's eyes.
as u said, if indeed alonso is tired then play him first, secure the goal, then lucas or some other bloke we do not care as the cat is in the bag by that time.
and I almost emptied my Dunhill pack that I ran at half time to 7-11 for supply!
We were poor, period.

Khan said...

true..true.. man..luckily I cant smoke in front of the tv. Kalau tak kes sama la.
..yeah, we sucked last night.